10 October 2017, 15:41
Ukrainian forces planning provocations during Alexander Hug’s visit to LPR - People’s Militia
LUGANSK, October 10 - (Lugansk Media Centre) - Kiev forces are preparing provocations during OSCE SSM Principal Deputy Chief Monitor Alexander Hug’s visit to the Republic, aimed to discredit LPR People’s Militia, its spokesman Lieutenant-Colonel Andrey Marochko told a news briefing at Lugansk Media Centre.
Earlier, the press service of the so-called “anti-terrorist operation” headquarters said that over the past 24 hours fighting moved from Donetsk to Lugansk axis which hitherto had been relatively calm. Kiev forces alleged that LPR had delivered strikes at Stanitsa Luganskaya where Kiev failed the disengaged of forces and hardware yet another time on 9 October.
“We explain it in the first place by OSCE SMM Principal Deputy Chief Monitor Alexander Hug’s visit today. We have information that Ukrainian armed forces are planning provocations to discredit the republic; their statements show that Ukraine is ready to do everything to smear LPR People’s Militia,” Marochko said.
Earlier, he noted that Kiev forces had been trying to provoke People’s Militia into retaliating in the vicinity of Stanitsa Luganskaya in order to foil the disengagement of forces and hardware in the area envisioned by the Minsk Agreements.
LPR People’s militia repeatedly said it was ready for disengagement of forces and hardware in Stanitsa Luganskaya on the condition that Ukrainian forces withdrew simultaneously.
LPR and DPR representatives at a meeting in Minsk on 21 September 2016 initialled a framework agreement on partial pullback of forces in Donbass, that was also signed by representatives of Ukraine, Russia and OSCE. The document provides for three disengagement areas around Zolotoye, Stanitsa Luganskaya and Petrovskoye (DPR territory). Heads of LPR and DPR Igor Plotnitskiy and Alexander Zakharchenko signed the agreement on 22 and 23 September, respectively. The disengagement was completed in Petrovskoye and Zolotoye areas. Kiev failed to pull back its forces in Stanitsa Luganskaya area for more than 70 times.
The Package of Measures for the Implementation of the Minsk Agreements was adopted by the Contact Group on Ukraine on 12 February 2015 and supported by member states of the Normandy Four (Germany, Russia, Ukraine and France). The UN Security Council approved the document by its 2202 Resolution and called upon all the sides to ensure full implementation of the Package of Measures.
The document provides for comprehensive ceasefire, withdrawal of all heavy weapons from the contact line, starting a dialog on reconstruction of social and economic ties between Kiev and Donbass. It also envisages carrying out constitutional reform in Ukraine providing for decentralization and adopting permanent legislation on a special status of certain areas of the Donetsk and Lugansk regions.
LuganskMediaCentre — 10 October — Lugansk
Kiev forces violate ceasefire eight times over 24 hours
LPR Foreign minister accuses Hug of distorting facts
Kiev forces violate ceasefire nine times over 24 hours, use large calibre artillery
Humanitarian subgroup to discuss OSCE coordinator Frisch’s visit to LPR
Kiev forces violate ceasefire nine times over 24 hours