9 August 2018, 15:10
Ukrainian army truck hits friendly mine in Zolotoye disengagement zone - People’s Militia
LUGANSK, August 9 (Lugansk Media Centre) - A Ukrainian army truck carrying personnel hit a friendly mine in the Zolotoye disengagement area, Lugansk People’s Republic People’s Militia spokesman Andrey Marochko said at a press briefing at the Lugansk Media Centre.
“OSCE Special Monitoring Mission personnel noted the presence of Ukrainian servicemen in the Pervomaisk-Zolotoye disengagement area No 2 in their August 8 report,” Marochko said.
“In effect, it is a gross violation of Article 8 of the framework agreement dated September 20, 2016, which expressly forbids the Ukrainian servicemen to stay in the disengagement areas,” he said. However, Ukrainian gunmen built up forces in disengagement area No 2 with manpower, weapons and ammunition and carried out more engineering works such as mine laying.
“As a result of chaotic mine laying operations in the area, a military truck blew up,” Marochko said. “The Ural carrying Ukrainian servicemen hit a friendly mine; there were casualties.”
Earlier, Marochko repeatedly stated that Ukrainian army units had been creating obstacles to the OSCE’s monitoring in the Zolotoye area with the view of hiding their equipment and that Ukraine, in violation of the Minsk Agreements, was organising new positions in disengagement area No 2 Pervomaisk-Zolotoye.
The LPR People’s Militia spotted Ukrainian army’s armoured vehicles and personnel as well as further organising of positions in the disengagement area No 2.
Marochko said that Kiev forces, alleging minefield danger, do not allow the OSCE monitors into the Zolotoye disengagement area in order to hide the equipment and personnel deployed there contrary to the Minsk Agreements.
Also, OSCE monitors recorded a violation of disengagement rules in the Zolotoye area by Kiev forces. In late March, an OSCE SMM daily report noted the presence of armed Ukrainian servicemen inside the Zolotoye disengagement area.
LPR and DPR representatives at a meeting in Minsk on September 21, 2016 initialled a framework agreement on partial pullback of forces in Donbass, that was also signed by representatives of Ukraine, Russia and OSCE. The document provides for three disengagement areas around Zolotoye, Stanitsa Luganskaya and Petrovskoye (DPR territory). Heads of LPR and DPR Igor Plotnitskiy and Alexander Zakharchenko signed the agreement on 22 and 23 September, respectively. The disengagement was completed in Petrovskoye and Zolotoye areas. Kiev failed to pull back its forces in Stanitsa Luganskaya area for more than 70 times.
The Package of Measures for the Implementation of the Minsk Agreements was adopted by the Contact Group on Ukraine on February 12, 2015 and supported by member states of the Normandy Four (Germany, Russia, Ukraine and France). The UN Security Council approved the document by its 2202 Resolution and called upon all the sides to ensure full implementation of the Package of Measures.
The document provides for comprehensive ceasefire, withdrawal of all heavy weapons from the contact line, starting a dialog on reconstruction of social and economic ties between Kiev and Donbass. It also envisages carrying out constitutional reform in Ukraine providing for decentralization and adopting permanent legislation on a special status of certain areas of the Donetsk and Lugansk regions.
LuganskMediaCentre — 09 August — Lugansk
LPR State Security: Al-Qaeda and ISIS were plotting terror attacks in Russia
LPR lowers fuel excise tax by three times
Two residents hit Ukrainian mines in Zolotoye-4 area - People’s Militia
Pasechnik attends Izvarino settlement gas supply launching ceremony (PHOTOS)
Kiev forces violate ceasefire once over 24 hours