Ukraine refuses any further disengagement options - Deinego (PHOTOS)
Ukraine refuses any further disengagement sectors options, said LPR envoy to Minsk negotiations Vladislav Deinego.
LPR and DPR representatives at a meeting in Minsk on September, 21th initialed a framework agreement on partial pullback of forces in Donbass, that was also signed by representatives of Ukraine, Russia and OSCE. The document provides for three disengagement areas around Zolotoye, Stanitsa Lugaskaya and Petrovskoe (DPR territory). Heads of LPR and DPR Igor Plotnitskiy and Aleksandr Zakharchenko signed the agreement on September 22th and 23th, respectively. The disengagement was completed in Petrovskoye and Zolotoye areas. Kiev failed to pull back its forces in Stanitsa Luganskaya area for several times.
"There was only one concurrence when the sides proposed new disengagement sectors – the area of Trekhizbenka. As soon as Ukraine discovered we also propose the area for disengagement they called off their proposition," Deinego said.
Earlier he said, Trekhizbenka disengagement area was removed from Minsk talks agenda by the Ukrainian side.
The OSCE representatives have been calling for the additional disengagement sectors to be agreed.
During today's visit to Stanitsa Luganskaya area, LPR provided the OSCE with the possibility to monitor the situation in the 'grey zone' there.
Deinego said that it was not clear, 'why OSCE reps had paid attention to this sector as there are no People's Militia positions, civilian population or infrastructure'.
"Today we carried out joined monitoring of the area the OSCE was interested in for some reason. Paths in vicinity of Stanitsa Luganskaya bridge were inspected – there are some small villages. There are no wide roads, and it's difficult to pass there under such weather conditions. Nevertheless, the OSCE were interested in those sections of the roads," Deinego said.
Currently there is only one official checkpoint at the line of contact in LPR area of responsibility in Donbass and it is accessible via the bridge in vicinity of Stanitsa Luganskaya. Only pedestrian traffic here is possible thanks to temporary conduit, as the bridge was blown up by Ukrainian forces. LPR has been continuously proposing to rebuild it.
Up to six thousand people cross the bridge daily.
In November, the ICRC said it is to provide and tool up trailer houses to set up warming centers at the LPR crossing point.
Acting first deputy LPR Council of Ministers chairman, Head of the Emergency Ministry Sergey Ivanushkin reported earlier that the bridge has been inspected, estimates and construction plans prepared.
The Package of Measures for the Implementation of the Minsk Agreements was adopted by the Contact Group on Ukraine on February 12, 2015 and supported by member states of the "Normandy Four" (Germany, Russia, Ukraine and France). The UN Security Council approved the document by its 2202 Resolution and called upon all the sides to ensure full implementation of the Package of Measures.
The document provides for comprehensive ceasefire, withdrawal of all heavy weapons from the contact line, starting a dialog on reconstruction of social and economic ties between Kiev and Donbass. It also envisages carrying out constitutional reform in Ukraine providing for decentralization and adopting permanent legislation on a special status of certain areas of the Donetsk and Lugansk regions.
LuganskMediaCentre — 04 January — Lugansk
Kiev forces violate ceasefire eight times over 24 hours
Kiev forces violate ceasefire nine times over 24 hours, use large calibre artillery
LPR Foreign minister accuses Hug of distorting facts
Humanitarian subgroup to discuss OSCE coordinator Frisch’s visit to LPR
Kiev forces violate ceasefire nine times over 24 hours