Ukraine disruptes 3rd attempt to disengage in Stanitsa Luganskaya area, Deinego says
Ukraine disrupted today the third attempt to disengage forces and hardware in Stanitsa Luganskaya area, stated LPR envoy to Minsk negotiations Vladislav Deinego.
"Today Ukrainian side disrupted the third attempt to disengage forces and hardware in Stanitsa Luganskaya area," he said speaking at a press briefing in Lugansk Media Center.
"Within the framework of their activity in the Joint Center for Control and Coordination of the ceasefire (JCCC) Ukraine announced it is not ready, that is, head of Ukraine armed forces mission to JCCC general Kremenetskiy passed the information to Russian mission in JCCC saying Ukraine is not ready to carry out pullback of forces and hardware, while we did not receive any information from OSCE, " Deinego added.
Earlier LPR reported that People's Militia had finalized preparations for the disengagement and was waiting for the Ukrainian side to "fulfill assumed responsibilities and obligations in its turn." LPR reminded that the forces are to be withdrawn "simultaneously and symmetrically."
LPR and DPR representatives at a meeting in Minsk on September, 21 initialed a framework agreement on partial pullback of forces in Donbass, that was also signed by representatives of Ukraine, Russia and OSCE. The document provides for three disengagement areas around Zolotoye, Stanitsa Lugaskaya and Petrovskoe (DPR territory). Heads of LPR and DPR Igor Plotnitskiy and Aleksandr Zakharchenko signed the agreement on September 22 and 23, respectively. Since then forces were withdrawn in Zolotoye area only. Kiev has not yet confirmed its readiness to pull back forces in Stanitsa Luganskaya and Pertovskoye areas.
The members of the Contact Group on the implementation of the peace plan in the East of Ukraine at a meeting in Minsk on August, 26 agreed on complete ceasefire in Donbass effective from midnight April, 30. Since the autumn of 2014 it is the 9th attempt to set up a durable 'silence regime'.
Вut due to systematic ceasefire violations by Ukrainian forces, that shelled the Republics territories with artillery, mortars and tanks that were to be withdrawn in accordance with the Minsk agreements, LPR and DPR urged a strict implementation of comprehensive ceasefire effective from September, 15. Kiev promised to observe the truce.
The Package of Measures for the Implementation of the Minsk Agreements was adopted by the Contact Group on Ukraine on February 12, 2015 and supported by member states of the "Normandy Four" (Germany, Russia, Ukraine and France). The UN Security Council approved the document by its 2202 Resolution and called upon all the sides to ensure full implementation of the Package of Measures.
The document provides for comprehensive ceasefire, withdrawal of all heavy weapons from the contact line, starting a dialog on reconstruction of social and economic ties between Kiev and Donbass. It also envisages carrying out constitutional reform in Ukraine providing for decentralization and adopting permanent legislation on a special status of certain areas of the Donetsk and Lugansk regions.
LuganskMediaCentre — 07 October — Lugansk