18 April 2019, 16:27
Two Ukrainian servicemen killed, six wounded in own mine blasts over week - People’s Militia
LUGANSK, April 18 (Lugansk Media Centre) - Two Ukrainian servicemen were killed and another six were wounded in own mine explosions in the zone of the so-called “joint forces operation” over the past week, People’s Militia press service officer Ivan Filiponenko said at a press briefing at the Lugansk Media Centre.
“Lacking sufficient training and updated minefield maps, Ukrainian servicemen have been increasingly involved in own minefield incidents,” Filiponenko said.
“In the past week alone, we got information about four such cases in the Ukrainian army’s 10th and 54th brigades, in which two servicemen were killed and another six were wounded.
“The Ukrainian army’s medical service remains at a low level though (incumbent Ukrainian president Petr) Poroshenko spent 3.7 billion dollars of budget money on his election campaign in the second round,” he added.
“On April 17, ten wounded servicemen were brought to Kiev’s Central Clinical Military Hospital from the zone of the “joint forces operation.” However, according to a volunteer organisation for assistance to hospitals, Ukraine has no money to treat these patients. Volunteers actively disseminate information on assistance provided by contributors, including their donations of money, foodstuff and personal care products,” Filiponenko said.
Earlier, LPR People’s Militia press service chief Yakov Osadchiy said that one Ukrainian serviceman had been killed and another two had been wounded in own mine blast in the Svobodniy village area.
The press service also reported that two Ukrainian servicemen were wounded as they wandered into a Ukrainian minefield in the Zolotoye area.
LPR People’s Militia spokesman Adnrey Marochko said that the Right Sector nationalistic squad gunmen, in order to raise money for their leaders, sold updated maps of minefields to Ukrainian army unit commanders.
The Package of Measures for the Implementation of the Minsk Agreements was adopted by the Contact Group on Ukraine on February 12, 2015 and supported by member states of the Normandy Four (Germany, Russia, Ukraine and France). The UN Security Council approved the document by Resolution 2202 and called upon all the sides to ensure full implementation of the Package of Measures.
The document provides for comprehensive ceasefire, withdrawal of all heavy weapons from the contact line, starting a dialog on reconstruction of social and economic ties between Kiev and Donbass. It also envisages carrying out constitutional reform in Ukraine providing for decentralization and adopting permanent legislation on a special status of certain areas of the Donetsk and Lugansk regions.
LuganskMediaCentre — 18 April — Lugansk
Ukrainian army jams OSCE drones to hide howitzers in Katerinovka - LPR militia
LPR reports 384 COVID-19 cases
Contact Group begins talks with two-hour delay
Kiev tries to take crossing points issue off humanitarian subgroup’s agenda - Kobtseva
ICRC has to deliver cargoes to LPR via Stanitsa bridge due to Kiev’s position - Kobtseva