Two civilians wounded as Kiev forces shell Golubovskoye - LPR militia
LUGANSK, January 30 (Lugansk Media Centre) - Two civilians were wounded as Kiev forces shelled the Golubovskoye settlement with mortars, Lugansk People’s Republic People’s Militia spokesman Yakov Osadchiy said.
“Today, at 14:00, Ukrainian gunmen opened precision fire with 120mm mortars and BMP-2 infantry fighting vehicle cannons at Golubovskoye, firing four mortar rounds and 30 grenades,” Osadchiy said. “Two civilians were wounded when they were outside as they had been unable to hide in time.”
The victims were rushed to a medical centre; one of them is in serious condition. They are getting professional medical assistance.
The strike damaged the house at 41 Shkolnaya Street.
“Fire was delivered from the outskirts of the Novotoshkovskoye settlement by gunmen of the Ukrainian army’s 93rd Separate Motorised Brigade, commanded by war criminal Colonel (Dmitry) Bryzhinskiy,” the spokesman said.
Tensions in the settlement area mounted as the headquarters of the so-called “Joint Forces Operation” lost control of 93rd Brigade, whose commander refused to obey his superiors’ orders and observe the truce, he said. “We warn the Ukrainian army leadership that the persons behind the shelling will get commensurate punishment. The People’s Militia will immediately respond to all the illegal actions by uncontrolled gunmen.”
“We urge OSCE Mission international observers to record the facts of ceasefire violation which caused casualties among our Republic’s civilians and make the Ukrainian military and political leadership stop the provocations on the contact line which are aimed at escalating the Donbass conflict,” Osadchiy said.
Earlier, the LPR militia reported that Ukrainian army units violated the ceasefire three times over the past 24 hours. One LPR militiaman was killed and four houses and a transmission line were damaged in the Frunze township.
The LPR militia spokesman also said that Kiev forces had been preparing a fake shelling in the Golubovskoye area in order to frame the LPR in the runup to the Contact Group meeting in Minsk.
Earlier, LPR People’s Militia press service officer Ivan Filiponenko urged the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to exert influence on the Ukrainian army as it intensified shelling on the Slavyanoserbsk axis.
The members of the Contact Group have announced ceasefire more than 20 times since the autumn of 2014. Kiev forces regularly violated the truce opening fire with large calibre artillery, mortars and tank guns which were to have been withdrawn in accordance with the Minsk agreements.
The Package of Measures for the Implementation of the Minsk Agreements was adopted by the Contact Group on Ukraine on February 12, 2015 and supported by member states of the Normandy Four (Germany, Russia, Ukraine and France). The UN Security Council approved the document by Resolution 2202 and called upon all the sides to ensure full implementation of the Package of Measures.
The document provides for comprehensive ceasefire, withdrawal of all heavy weapons from the contact line, starting a dialog on reconstruction of social and economic ties between Kiev and Donbass. It also envisages carrying out constitutional reform in Ukraine providing for decentralization and adopting permanent legislation on a special status of certain areas of the Donetsk and Lugansk regions.
LuganskMediaCentre — 30 January — Lugansk