SMM corroborates 398 civilian casualties in Donbass this year
LUGANSK, October 10 (Lugansk Media Center) – The OSCE SMM has recorded 398 civilian casualties this year in Donbass, said Principal Deputy Chief Monitor of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine Alexander Hug.
"This year up to this date, the mission has corroborated 398 civilian casualties; this is 16 pc more than we had been registering in the same period 2016," he said.
"Of course, 398 casualties is too many," Hug emphasized.
On August 7, the SMM reported 341 civilian casualties recorded.
The Package of Measures for the Implementation of the Minsk Agreements was adopted by the Contact Group on Ukraine on 12 February 2015 and supported by member states of the Normandy Four (Germany, Russia, Ukraine and France). The UN Security Council approved the document by its 2202 Resolution and called upon all the sides to ensure full implementation of the Package of Measures.
The document provides for comprehensive ceasefire, withdrawal of all heavy weapons from the contact line, starting a dialog on reconstruction of social and economic ties between Kiev and Donbass. It also envisages carrying out constitutional reform in Ukraine providing for decentralization and adopting permanent legislation on a special status of certain areas of the Donetsk and Lugansk regions.
LuganskMediaCentre — 10 October — Lugansk
Pervomaisk family miraculously survives Kiev's strikes on their house (PHOTOS)
OSCE records shelling of Pervomaisk, Stakhanov by Kiev forces - LPR People’s Militia
Houses, gas pipe and PTL damaged in Stakhanov by Kiev's shelling (PHOTOS)
Prisoners exchange depends on Kiev's willingness to fulfill its obligations - Kobtseva
Kiev forces violate ceasefire 12 times over 24 hours