22 August 2017, 14:52
Six residents hurt in LPR fires over 24 hours - Emergencies Ministry
LUGANSK, August 22 (Lugansk Media Center) – Six LPR residents were injured in fires over the past 24 hours, the Republic’s Emergencies Ministry press service reported.
A 60-year-old man was hurt in a house fire in Kamennaya Street, Rovenki, caused by short circuit in television; walls and property were damaged in a 35 square meter area.
A 73-year-old resident of Rodakovo township, Slavyanoserbskiy District, was hurt in a TV fire.
In Krasniy Luch, a 55-year-old man was hurt in a fire that damaged two balconies and a 22-square-meter room.
A man, aged 55, was injured in a fire that broke out in Krupskaya Street in Kashary, Antratsitovskiy District; two balconies and a 20-square meter room were damaged.
In Vrubovka settlement, a fire destroyed two residential houses, two summer kitchens, a garage, an Opel car, five unoccupied houses and an abandoned garage. The man and the woman who were injured in the blaze declined hospitalisation.
Fires destroyed more than 500 hectares of forest and steppe and more than 100 houses and utility structures in LPR over the past 24 hours.
LPR Emergencies Ministry Hydrometeorology Centre has kept the highest fire hazard level since issuing the warning on 7 August as hot weather with strong winds set in.
Fire hazard is a an atmospheric condition characterised by high ambient temperatures, low vapour content, lack of rains and other factors leading to wild fires and grassfires in fields and parks especially due to careless handling of fire.
There are five fire danger levels: very low, low, moderate, high and very high.
LPR Emergencies Ministry reminded that making fires in forests and steppes was prohibited during the fire hazard period. Leaving glass bottles or fragments in forest and steppe areas is also prohibited as glass can act as magnifying lens to start a fire.
LuganskMediaCentre — 22 August — Lugansk