18 April 2017, 18:10
OSCE SMM team leader set to seek “points of contact” - Deinego
Jukka Tuononen, new Team leader of the OSCE SMM in Luhansk Oblast, is more willing to seek “points of contacts” in joint actions to ease tensions on the contact line than his predecessor, LPR envoy to Minsk talks Vladislav Deinego said.
“It was quite difficult with Mr Bene (Christophe Bene, previous team leader of OSCE SMM in Luhansk Oblast - eds Lugansk Media Centre),” Deinego told a news briefing at Lugansk Media Centre on Tuesday. “Mr Jukka is more reserved, more regardful. On top of that, you can have a discussion with him and this discussion yields results,” he went on.
“Take today’s events in Stanitsa where interaction with Luhansk Oblast OSCE team was way better than during the previous attempt to disengage forces and hardware,” Deinego said.
“With this leader of the OSCE SMM in Lugansk you can seek points of contact in the area which is consistent with the OSCE mandate and its Charter goals,” he added.
The Republic “manages to come to terms on coordination and joint actions on easing tensions on the contact line. It is one of the key OSCE goals which is very important to our citizens,” he said.
The LPR envoy noted OSCE SMM’s assistance in organising the disengagement of forces and hardware in Stanitsa Luganskaya area earlier in the day.
On Tuesday, LPR People’s Militia made a new attempt to implement the framework agreement on disengagement of forces and hardware in the area. LPR People’s Militia spokesman Andrey Marochko said representatives of the Joint Centre for Control and Coordination and OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine recorded yet another failure by Ukraine to fulfil the framework agreement.
Acting LPR People Militia chief of staff Colonel Mikhail Filiponenko said Ukraine had again failed to disengage forces and hardware on the contact line in Stanitsa Luganskaya area as envisioned by the Minsk agreements.
LPR People’s militia said it was ready for disengagement of forces and hardware in Stanitsa Luganskaya on the condition that Ukrainian forces withdrew simultaneously.
LPR and DPR representatives at a meeting in Minsk on 21 September 2016 initialled a framework agreement on partial pullback of forces in Donbass, that was also signed by representatives of Ukraine, Russia and OSCE.
The document provides for three disengagement areas around Zolotoye, Stanitsa Luganskaya and Petrovskoe (DPR territory). Heads of LPR and DPR Igor Plotnitskiy and Alexander Zakharchenko signed the agreement on 22 and 23 September, respectively. The disengagement was completed in Petrovskoye and Zolotoye areas. Kiev failed to pull back its forces in Stanitsa Luganskaya area for several times.
LuganskMediaCentre — 18 April — Lugansk
Kiev fails Stanitsa Luganskaya disengagement, again (PHOTOS)
Yellow snow not harmful to population, environment - LPR Natural Resources Ministry
Stanitsa Luganskaya area, March 18, 2018
LPR Ministry of Natural Resources explains yellow snow observed in LPR
100 Ukrainian residents get welfare programme benefits in LPR