LUGANSK, June 16 (Lugansk Media Centre) - The Lugansk People’s Republic mobile operator Lugacom plans to launch some 100 cell towers this year, the company’s First Deputy Director General Eduard Yegorov said at a news briefing at the Lugansk Media Centre.
“This year, we plan to install 30 2G towers to expand coverage,” Yegorov said. “We’ve recently launched a cell tower in Uspenka, Lutugino district, for gardeners. Of course, we mainly focus on building 3G networks. We’re adding roughly 100 2G and 3G cell towers in 2020.
At present, the mobile operator is launching 3G Internet in Alchevsk and Perevalsk.
“As of today, we’ve nearly met the demand in Lugansk, Antratsit, Krasnodon, Molodogvardeisk and Sukhodolsk,” the first deputy director general said.
“We currently have some 400 cell towers which actually compares to the MTS network (in the Republic’s territory) which had been functioning before the breakdown,” he said.
On 18 June 2015, the Republic’s Telecom and Communications Ministry reported the launching of the new republican mobile operator Lugacom; the sale of basic cell phone plans began at LPR post offices in early September.
In April 2017, the number of Lugacom active subscribers reached 150,000; in late November , it increased to nearly 400,000. LPR First Deputy Telecom and Mass Communications Minister Yury Pershikov said that as of July 2019, nearly 667,000 LPR residents were Lugacom subscribers.
LuganskMediaCentre — 16 June — Lugansk
Ukrainian forces plant 39 anti-tank mines on Schastye road - LPR militia
Ukrainian army violates additional ceasefire control measures three times over week - LPR militia
Ukrainian army depot chief cached stolen ammo - LPR militia
792 COVID-19 cases reported in LPR - Health Ministry
No prisoner exchange until Ukrainian parliament reworks resolution on elections - Kobtseva