News

7 October 2016, 20:58

MILITARY&DEFENCE

Minsk-2

LPR to continue efforts to disengage forces in Stanitsa Luganskaya, Deinego says

LPR intends to continue efforts to disengage forces and mihardware in Stanitsa Luganskaya area, said LPR representative in Minsk negotiations Vladislav Deinego.

"We will continue these attempts until the decision of the Contact Group dated September, 21st, is fulfilled. Under the Framework Agreement the time-limit for the pullback is 30 days. Meaning that by October, 21st we must provide its implementation," he said.

Deinego pointed out that LPR officially informed Ukraine about its readiness to start the pullback of People’s Militia units, while OSCE did not provide LPR with information on Kiev’s readiness to do so.

"We received no information concerning readiness or non-readiness of Kiev side from OSCE. Virtually OSCE flinched from its duty stipulated in Point 2 of the Framework Agreement on Disengagement,” Deinego said.

 "I think this issue (of OSCE evading its obligations) will be addressed at a Contact Group meeting scheduled for October, 26th, if I am not mistaken," LPR envoy added.

LPR People’s Militia Command chief colonel Oleg Anaschenko stated that LPR has done all preparations for the withdrawal in Stanitsa Luganskaya area under observation of JCCC and OSCE resentatives.

Earlier LPR reported that People's Militia had finalized preparations for the disengagement and was waiting for the Ukrainian side to "fulfill assumed responsibilities and obligations in its turn." LPR reminded that the forces are to be withdrawn "simultaneously and symmetrically."

LPR and DPR representatives at a meeting in Minsk on September, 21 initialed a framework agreement on partial pullback of forces in Donbass, that was also signed by representatives of Ukraine, Russia and OSCE. The document provides for three disengagement areas around Zolotoye, Stanitsa Lugaskaya and Petrovskoe (DPR territory). Heads of LPR and DPR Igor Plotnitskiy and Aleksandr Zakharchenko signed the agreement on September 22 and 23, respectively. Since then forces were withdrawn in Zolotoye and Pertovskoye areas. Kiev has not yet confirmed its readiness to pull back forces in Stanitsa Luganskaya area.

The members of the Contact Group on the implementation of the peace plan in the East of Ukraine at a meeting in Minsk on August, 26 agreed on complete ceasefire in Donbass effective from midnight April, 30. Since the autumn of 2014 it is the 9th attempt to set up a durable 'silence regime'. Вut due to systematic ceasefire violations by Ukrainian forces, that shelled the Republics' territories with artillery, mortars and tanks that were to be withdrawn in accordance with the Minsk agreements, LPR and DPR urged a strict implementation of comprehensive ceasefire effective from September, 15. Kiev promised to observe the truce.

The Package of Measures for the Implementation of the Minsk Agreements was adopted by the Contact Group on Ukraine on February 12, 2015 and supported by member states of the "Normandy Four" (Germany, Russia, Ukraine and France). The UN Security Council approved the document by its 2202 Resolution and called upon all the sides to ensure full implementation of the Package of Measures.

The document provides for comprehensive ceasefire, withdrawal of all heavy weapons from the contact line, starting a dialog on reconstruction of social and economic ties between Kiev and Donbass. It also envisages carrying out constitutional reform in Ukraine providing for decentralization and adopting permanent legislation on a special status of certain areas of the Donetsk and Lugansk regions.

LuganskMediaCentre — 07 October — Lugansk