LPR shelling victims file 200 complaints with European court - prosecutors
LUGANSK, July 12 (Lugansk Media Centre) - Lugansk People’s Republic residents hurt in shelling by Ukrainian forces filed more than 200 complaints with the European Court of Human Rights, head of the Prosecutor General’s Office Department for Supervision over Compliance with Law in the Military Sphere Roman Gubaidulin said at a press briefing at the Lugansk Media Centre.
PGO personnel provide, on a permanent basis, legal assistance to Donbass residents who suffered from Ukrainian army aggression, Gubaidulin said.
“Our staff advise residents on how to draw and submit their complaints to the ECHR properly,” he added. “As of now, 200 complaints have been sent to the European Court of Human Rights.”
“I should note that not only LPR residents, but also our compatriots living in Kiev-controlled Lugansk region areas seek our assistance,” the PGO official said.
Prosecutors will continue to provide free-of-charge legal assistance to victims, Gubaidulin said. The PGO will also provide consultations via a hotline to be launched within the next two weeks.
Earlier, the LPR Prosecutor General’s Office said that as of March 2, 2018, 77 complaints had been lodged with the ECHR by LPR shelling victims.
LuganskMediaCentre — 12 July — Lugansk
Lisichansk resident sentenced to 12.5 years for espionage - prosecutors
UN aid arrives in LPR via Schastye for the 1st time, checkpoint remains closed - Kobtseva (PHOTOS)
Vostokugol fuel company produces first million tons of coal in 2020
Ukrainian army withdraws from Donbass those who reject vaccination with Covishield
Ukrainian forces violate ceasefire three times on Thursday - LPR militia