26 May 2020, 14:58
LPR medics confirm one COVID-19 related death over 24 hours
LUGANSK, May 26 (Lugansk Media Centre) - Lugansk People’s Republic medics have confirmed one COVID-19 death over the past 24 hours, the LPR Healthcare Ministry reported.
“Over the past 24 hours, five people have been discharged as fully recovered, after testing negative twice,” the report said. “One death has been recorded.”
As of 9:00 on May 26, the LPR had 384 confirmed COVID-19 cases,” the Ministry said. “One hundred and eighty-four people had been discharged from hospitals; six people had died.”
The Ministry urged residents to call the doctor or hotline at the first signs of acute respiratory viral infection and observe self-isolation.
The World Health Organisation announced COVID-19 a pandemic caused by novel coronavirus. The first cases were reported in China in late 2019. As of now, the number of the infected across the world has exceeded 5.3 million; more than 342,000 have died, according to WHO. Both Russia and Ukraine reported COVID-19 outbreaks. Earlier, the LPR confirmed 384 COVID-19 cases.
As part of COVID-19 lockdown measures, the LPR Emergency and Anti-Epidemic Commission shut down public catering businesses, ordered the Republic’s education centres to move to online learning from March 30, cancelled public transport discounts and suspended the trade in non-foodstuffs. LPR government bodies suspended personal meetings with residence and interact using electronic queues. The LPR parliament toughened penalties for violations of sanitary and anti-epidemic norms. The authorities ordered strict self-isolation for residents from May 1 to May 12.
On May 11, 2020, the Emergency Sanitary and Anti-Epidemic Commission decided to resume the operation of public transport, markets, kindergartens, hairdressers’ etc. across the larger part of the LPR provided they remained committed to safety precautions.
LuganskMediaCentre — 26 May — Lugansk