LPR envoy notes OSCE’s assistance in Stanitsa Luganskaya disengagement attempt
Representatives of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine on Tuesday provided assistance in organising the disengagement of forces and hardware in Stanitsa Luganskaya area, LPR envoy to Minsk talks Vladislav Deinego told a news briefing at Lugansk Media Centre.
Earlier in the day, LPR People’s Militia made a new attempt to implement the framework agreement on disengagement of forces and hardware in the area. LPR People’s Militia spokesman Andrey Marochko said representatives of the Joint Centre for Control and Coordination and OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine had recorded yet another failure by Ukraine to fulfil the framework agreement on disengagement.
“We had no interaction with OSCE during the previous attempts,” Deinego said, adding that the situation had somewhat changed.
Perhaps, it happened as a result of the talk with Mr (Alexander) Hug, OSCE SMM Principal Deputy Chief Monitor, during a previous failed attempt.
“Today, OSCE SMM provided real moral support to us, kept us advised on the situation on the other side and assessed our readiness (for disengagement of forces and hardware - eds Lugansk Media Centre),” Deinego said.
He underlined that the Republic would only disengage if Ukraine responded in kind, as had happened in Zolotoye area.
“Of course, we are not going to pull back forces and hardware unilaterally,” the LPR envoy underlined.
On Tuesday, acting LPR People Militia chief of staff Colonel Mikhail Filiponenko said Ukraine had again failed to disengage forces and hardware on the contact line in Stanitsa Luganskaya area as envisioned by the Minsk agreements.
Earlier, LPR People’s militia said it was ready for disengagement of forces and hardware in Stanitsa Luganskaya on the condition that Ukrainian forces withdrew simultaneously.
LPR and DPR representatives at a meeting in Minsk on 21 September 2016 initialled a framework agreement on partial pullback of forces in Donbass, that was also signed by representatives of Ukraine, Russia and OSCE.
The document provides for three disengagement areas around Zolotoye, Stanitsa Luganskaya and Petrovskoe (DPR territory). Heads of LPR and DPR Igor Plotnitskiy and Alexander Zakharchenko signed the agreement on 22 and 23 September, respectively. The disengagement was completed in Petrovskoye and Zolotoye areas. Kiev failed to pull back its forces in Stanitsa Luganskaya area for several times.
LuganskMediaCentre — 18 April — Lugansk
LPR fully provided with electricity from local sources – Emergencies Ministry
Kiev forces shell LPR as OSCE SMM chief monitor Apakan visits Republic
Power restored to most Lugansk districts
LPR won't cut power supply to Ukrainian towns even if Kiev halts power supply to LPR
SMM vehicle drove on mine on the same road it took shortly before the accident