27 March 2019, 23:05
Kobtseva: Kiev's position at Minsk talks relies on fakes
LUGANSK, March 27 (Lugansk Media Centre) – Kiev relies on fakes during the talks of the Contact Group in Minsk, said LPR representative in the Contact Group humanitarian subgroup Olga Kobtseva.
"No consensus was reached during the meeting of the humanitarian working group."
She said Kiev representatives voiced "fake facts and assumed destructive attitude".
Kobtseva said that at the today's meeting in Minsk Ukrainian representatives alleged that the Stanitsa Luganskaya bridge had been blown up by "occupants in 2014". In reply, the LPR showed a Ukrainian TV report from 2015 where Ukrainian military admit they had blown the bridge.
"Geraschenko builds her position upon fakes," Kobtseva said.
"We have confirmed our willingness to reconstruct the bridge but Ukraine's consent is needed."
As for exchange lists, Ukraine included same names in the new lists making it impossible to approve the document.
"The OSCE SMM confirmed that Zolotoye area is not safe and Mr. Toni Frisch, coordinator of the humanitarian subgroup, agreed that thewe is no safe zone in the vicinity of the checkpoint."
Ukraine's representative in the humanitarian group of the Contact Group Irina Geraschenko said on Friday, that Kiev plans to open the Zolotoye checkpoint on Sunday, March 24. Kiev's representative at the Contact Group Evgeniy Marchuk announced plans to begin repair works on the Stanitsa Luganskaya bridge unilaterally.
LPR said that the unilateral opening or repairs are merely provocations and part of the election campaigning on the eve of the Ukrainian presidentialelection.
On October 20, 2017, Ukraine made a provocative attempt to unilaterally open the Zolotoye crossing point despite the LPR’s objections.
LPR Foreign Minister representing the Republic at Minsk talks Vladislav Deinego later said that LPR's condition is that the two crossing points in Schastye and Zolotoye be opened simultaneously. “For Lugansk and much of the LPR territory, it is far more important to open the crossing point via the bridge in Schastye, in terms of logistics and capacity,” the diplomat said.
He reminded that the Zolotoye checkpoint may be opened only after the withdrawal of forces from the Stanitsa Luganskaya sector.
Currently there is only one official checkpoint at the line of contact in LPR area of responsibility in Donbass and it is accessible via the bridge in the vicinity of Stanitsa Luganskaya. Only pedestrian traffic there is possible as a temporary wooden ramp has been installed over the collapsed sections of the bridge. The bridge sustained damage after it had been blown up by Ukrainian forces on March 19, 2015. LPR has been continuously proposing to rebuild it.
LuganskMediaCentre — 27 March — Lugansk
Donetskiy residents on massive Ukrainian army strike
LPR hands over body, remains of killed servicemen to Ukraine
Kiev forces violate ceasefire three times over 24 hours
Kiev forces fire more than 200 rounds at LPR over week - militia
OSCE lost two drones as Ukraine was preparing provocation - LPR militia