29 December 2017, 15:52
Kiev forces violate ceasefire over 3,000 times this year, LPR Command says
LUGANSK, December 29 (Lugansk Media Centre) – Kiev forces have violated ceasefire over 3,000 times this year, expending over 50,000 rounds, said LPR People’s Militia command acting chief Colonel Mikhail Filiponenko.
"Despite the assumed responsibilities to observe the ceasefire, Ukrainian army kept trying to destabilize the situation by all means," he said. "Since January to December 2017 Ukrainian forces targeted the Republic over 3,000 times firing over 50,000 rounds."
The members of the Contact Group have announced ceasefire more than a dozen times since autumn 2014. Kiev forces regularly violated the truce opening fire with large caliber artillery, mortars and tank guns which were to have been withdrawn in accordance with the Minsk agreements.
The Package of Measures for the Implementation of the Minsk Agreements was adopted by the Contact Group on Ukraine on 12 February 2015 and supported by member states of the Normandy Four (Germany, Russia, Ukraine and France). The UN Security Council approved the document by its 2202 Resolution and called upon all the sides to ensure full implementation of the Package of Measures.
The document provides for comprehensive ceasefire, withdrawal of all heavy weapons from the contact line, starting a dialog on reconstruction of social and economic ties between Kiev and Donbass. It also envisages carrying out constitutional reform in Ukraine providing for decentralization and adopting permanent legislation on a special status of certain areas of the Donetsk and Lugansk regions.
LuganskMediaCentre — 29 December — Lugansk
LPR security officers defuse bomb planted by Kiev commandoes to kill UPT judges
Ricci the Parrot from LPR has a go at predicting FIFA matches, two picks come true so far
Ukrainian forces conducting aerial reconnaissance along contact line - People’s Militia
Zhelobok last resident's property destroyed by Ukrainian attack, woman hospitalized (PHOTOS)
Ukrainian People’s Tribunal to announce sentence in Lugansk on June 22