12 September 2018, 10:44
Kiev forces violate ceasefire once over 24 hours
LUGANSK, September 12 (Lugansk Media Centre) - Kiev forces violated the ceasefire once over the past 24 hours shelling the Mikhailovka township, Lugansk People’s Republic defence authorities said.
Ukrainian army units delivered fire from the direction of the Zolotoye settlement using a recoilless gun and small arms.
A house and utility sheds in Kotlyarovskiy Street were damaged in the strike. There were no casualties among civilians or LPR militiamen.
On Tuesday, the LPR State Security Ministry said that Ukrainian secret services had tried to provoke the Republic into striking back, in order to put OSCE coordinator at the Contact Group humanitarian subgroup Toni Frisch in the line of fire and foil his visit to the LPR. Frisch later confirmed that he had been unable to cross the contact line in the Zolotoye area as the shooting began.
The members of the Contact Group have announced ceasefire more than 20 times since autumn 2014. Kiev forces regularly violated the truce opening fire with large calibre artillery, mortars and tank guns which were to have been withdrawn in accordance with the Minsk agreements.
The Package of Measures for the Implementation of the Minsk Agreements was adopted by the Contact Group on Ukraine on February 12, 2015 and supported by member states of the Normandy Four (Germany, Russia, Ukraine and France). The UN Security Council approved the document by its 2202 Resolution and called upon all the sides to ensure full implementation of the Package of Measures.
The document provides for comprehensive ceasefire, withdrawal of all heavy weapons from the contact line, starting a dialog on reconstruction of social and economic ties between Kiev and Donbass. It also envisages carrying out constitutional reform in Ukraine providing for decentralization and adopting permanent legislation on a special status of certain areas of the Donetsk and Lugansk regions.
LuganskMediaCentre — 12 September — Lugansk