3 February 2021, 18:38
Kiev deliberately sabotages opening of checkpoints in Schastye and Zolotoye - Kobtseva
LUGANSK, February 3 (Lugansk Media Centre) – Kiev knowingly sabotages the opening of new checkpoints in the vicinity of Schastye and Zolotoye, said LPR representative in the Contact Group humanitarian subgroup Olga Kobtseva.
Earlier on Wednesday, Ukrainian delegation to the Contact Group said that the basic technical requirements for resuming the full-fledged operation of the checkpoints “will be fulfilled by the initiative of the Ukrainian government”. In particular, Kiev promised to provide shuttle buses to transfer passengers across the contact line.
“Ukraine knowingly and with a certain frequency introduces new requirements for the designation of the checkpoints. We consider such actions of the Ukrainian side to be conscious sabotage and derailment of the simultaneous opening of the checkpoints,” she said.
She said that just before today’s meeting of the Contact Group Kiev filed “another written position” on the simultaneous reopening of the crossing points, which runs counter the road map, previously harmonized with the LPR.
“Such proposition is a populist one. The Republic has earlier suggested an alternative, based on agreements that date back to March 2020.”
In March 2020, the LPR and Kiev agreed to set up two new crossing points on the contact line in the Schastye and Zolotoye areas; the works on the facilities were launched in July. Having failed the coordinate the key points of the crossing points’ operation, including security issues, Ukraine unilaterally opened them on November 10. The Republic called the move a provocation and a threat to the persons who cross the contact line and demanded that Kiev begin a dialogue to resolve the problems and launch full-fledged operation of the crossing points. Currently there is only one official checkpoint on contact line in the LPR area of responsibility in Donbass and it is accessible via the bridge in the vicinity of Stanitsa Luganskaya.
The Ukrainian government launched the so-called anti-terrorist operation against Donbass in April 2014. Conflict settlement relies on the Package of Measures for the Implementation of the Minsk Agreements, signed on February 12, 2015 in the Belarussian capital by the Contact Group members and coordinated by the Normandy Four heads of states (Russia, Germany, France and Ukraine). The UN Security Council approved the document by Resolution No 2202 of February 17, 2015 and called upon the parties to ensure its implementation.
The document provides for comprehensive ceasefire, withdrawal of all heavy weapons from the contact line, starting a dialog on reconstruction of social and economic ties between Kiev and Donbass. It also envisages carrying out constitutional reform in Ukraine providing for decentralization and adopting permanent legislation on a special status of certain areas of the Donetsk and Lugansk regions.
To facilitate the work of the Contact Group, four working groups were set up under its aegis to deal with issues of security, politics, return of internally displaced people and refuges, as well as with social, humanitarian, economic and rehabilitation issues.
LuganskMediaCentre — 03 February — Lugansk
Lisichansk resident sentenced to 12.5 years for espionage - prosecutors
UN aid arrives in LPR via Schastye for the 1st time, checkpoint remains closed - Kobtseva (PHOTOS)
Vostokugol fuel company produces first million tons of coal in 2020
Ukrainian army withdraws from Donbass those who reject vaccination with Covishield
Ukrainian forces violate ceasefire three times on Thursday - LPR militia