News

12 March 2020, 14:53

MILITARY&DEFENCE

23 Ukrainian servicemen with corona symptoms evacuated from “JFO zone”

Read in Russian

LUGANSK, March 12 (Lugansk Media Centre) – Twenty three Ukrainian servicemen suspected of catching the coronavirus infection have been evacuated from the zone of the so-called “Joint Forces Operation,” Lugansk People’s Republic People’s Militia spokesman Yakov Osadchiy said at a press briefing at the Lugansk Media Centre.

“Our source at the punitive operation headquarters said that COVID-19 symptoms were found amidst the pneumonia epidemic outbreak in Ukrainian armed formations,” Osadchiy said. “As of now, 23 suspected contacts have been evacuated from military units.”

Earlier, the spokesman said that Kiev had acocmmodated COVID-19 patients in Severdonetsk hospitals.

The LPR militia spokesman said that Ukrainian forces, under the pretext of coronavirus check, had built up queues at crossing points and extort money from local residents for unhindered passage into Kiev-controlled territory.

Earlier, the LPR chief sanitary officer said that the LPR authorities had been taking measures to prevent the import and spreading of the COVID-19 infection in the Republic’s territory.

The World Health Organisation called the COVID-19 coronavirus infection a pandemic. The first coronavirus infection cases were recorded in China in late 2019.  As of now, the number of coronavirus contacts exceeded 126,000; of those 4,641 died and more than 68,000 recovered and were discharged from hospital. A few coronavirus cases were reported in Ukraine and Russia. No coronavirus cases were recorded in the LPR.

 

 

LuganskMediaCentre — 12 March — Lugansk